Capitalised terms have the same meaning as those set out in our Terms & Conditions.
Who are we?
To contact us please email email@example.com.
What data do we collect and when?
We normally collect your data when you provide it to us. You may give us your data by email, through an online web form or survey, by contacting us on social media, by browsing our website or using our app.
The type of data we collect depends on why we are processing your data. We typically collect:
Member data: We maintain a database of our Members, who have created accounts through our site. This includes the following details: contact information, name, feedback and survey responses, regularity of use of Talk It Out and other information about you included within your messages to us.
· Usage Information: Whenever you use the Services, we collect usage information, such as the number of sessions you create, content you view, what screens or features you access, and other similar types of usage information.
· Log Information: We collect standard log files when you use our Services, which include the type of web browser you use, app version, access times and dates, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our site.
· Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access the Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, device identifiers set by your device operating system, and mobile network information (such as your connection type, carrier and region).
· Session information: Every time you complete a recording session, we are updating the data that we hold on the number of sessions and insights logged, the average session length, the number of consecutive days you have used our site (a Streak) and your longest Streak since you started using our site.
Nobody apart from the owner of the device has access to the audio or transcription information for any session or challenge.
More general information regarding each session is only available to each individual user on the personal statistics screen in the app. This includes information such as the length and number of sessions you have recorded. We do not have access to this personal information. This data is protected by the Firestore security rules (you can find out more about these rules here: https://firebase.google.com/docs/firestore/security/get-started).
We will have access to aggregated data regarding the number of sessions that have been completed by all users. This data is collected to help us improve our services.
If you are a Member via your employer (a Corporate Member), we will also track the following:
· average session length for all Corporate Members in the organisation (and any groups they create)
· average longest Streak for the organisation and its groups
· average and total number of sessions for the organisation and its groups
· average and total number of insights for the organisation and its group
These statistics will be available to the organisation’s admin user, who has access to a dashboard to review performance.
For the avoidance of doubt, your audio and transcription information relating to sessions and challenges you have completed will not be available to your organisation.
Your data is stored in two different places:
· Firebase Auth database
· Firebase Firestore database
The Firebase Auth database is required to gain access to our app. This database stores:
· your user password and Admin Portal permissions.
· your email and full name
The Firebase Firestore database allows authenticated users to have access to the database based on the Firestore security rules. This database stores your user email and full name. They are protected by Firestore security rules.
You can opt in for mobile push notifications and email notifications. If you opt in to receive these notifications, you can opt out again at any time.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We also obtain information about you from other sources, including information from third-party app stores you use to install our app.
We do not currently offer the ability for Members to create or log into their account through a social media service account (Social Login). We will update this policy if we enable Social Login in the future.
Visiting our site
We use Google Analytics for Firebase and cookies in order to analyse how the website is used and to improve our service and your user experience. Aside from the approximate location (IP address), the information collected by Google Analytics is mostly anonymous and relates to site traffic, including browser information, device information and language. We may also choose to introduce other commonly used analytics tools in the future, such as Hubspot.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
How do we protect your data?
We take protecting your data very seriously. Subject to the information on data sharing with third parties set out below, access to your personal data is password-protected. We only have access to your data as set out above.
How long will we keep your data?
Text and audio data is automatically deleted after 30 days unless you select the option to retain this data in advance of the 30 day deadline. You will receive notifications before this deletion takes place so you have the opportunity to retain it. We only keep your data for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was provided. If you contact us to delete your membership or if you withdraw your consent to our processing of your data, we will delete your personal data immediately. It can take Google Firebase up to 180 days to complete the deletion process from their servers.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We explained above how we sometimes share your data with third party data processors contracted to us, such as Mailchimp, Mailgun and/or Hubspot. This section addresses the circumstances under which we may share some of your personal data with other third parties, for example for our business development purposes. However, we wish to make it clear at the outset that such sharing of data is limited to aggregated data and we never share your name or email address with such parties without your consent.
What are your rights?
You have the right to:
1. Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases.
2. The correction of your personal data when they are incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
3. The deletion of your personal data, including account deletion. We are not required to delete your data where we are required to hold it for complying with our own legal obligations.
4. Withdraw your consent for processing of your personal data.
5. Make a complaint about our processing of your data. Please tell us first, so we have a chance to address your concerns. If we fail in this, you can address any complaint to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office, either by calling their helpline or as directed on their website at www.ico.org.uk.
To exercise your rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I change my cookie settings?
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer’s website.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Keep up with the latest changes
© Copyright 2021 Talk It Out Making The World Spin Better Limited. All rights reserved.
“TALK IT OUT” and the Talk It Out swirl logo are trademarked in the United Kingdom.